Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 11 - Becca & Scott D.

Dear Blog,
Miss me? Well it's been a while since our last meeting, 9 days to be exact, and I am happy to report that the wait was TOTALLY worth it! So why don't y'all pull on your boots, adjust your belt buckle, and snap on your fanciest paisley shirt. It's PBR time in Houston!!! Yee Haw!!! 

Having had a week off of this dating challenge, (that's just how the cookie crumbled. . . it's not you Blog. . .it's me.) I knew this date HAD to be great. Thank goodness Scott was there to follow through.

Scott and I met through my brother in-law. They had taken accounting classes together at BYU-Idaho, and when Casey (Brother in-law) saw him here in Houston, he made sure to introduce us. Thanks Cass! If I had to use one word to describe Scott, it would be Charming. Right off the bat I was drawn to his cute curly brown hair, and handsome smile.

The date started around 1:00pm. Scott had offered to drive, and I was quite relieved, because there was a good chance of rain today and I HATE driving in the Houston rain. (It just makes me uncomfortable. . . almost as much as clowns and people in mascot costumes. Goo!) Our mini road trip to the other side of Houston was full of fun conversation. Both of us had lived outside the U.S. ( Russia and Mexico) and it was fun to see the what the two places had in common. . . There were a few things. . . Not a lot. :)


Finding parking was an adventure. The roads were full of people and cars all herding to the Professional Bull Riding (PBR) invitational and BBQ pit master competition. The smokey aroma of  BBQ filled the air. It made my heart happy! We arrived in the stadium just in time for the prayer and singing of the national anthem. Can I just say I love the rodeo for those two reasons. I mean, if any activity needed a prayer before it started it would be the rodeo. With that being said, the bull riders really brought it today. It was Scott's first time at the rodeo and it was fun to watch him take it in. The conversations were fun and light hearted. I hope to one day see him break out his Beyonce moves. :)

After the Bull riders had done their thing, we weathered the cold (50 degrees) to find some prize winning BBQ. The words 'Free BBQ' had never looked so good. . .or tasted so good. We grabbed a plate and then set off to see if we could do better. Unfortunately, an invitation was needed to get to most of the competitors finest BBQ. Scott and I did our best to be sneaky but to no avail. When we finally got into one of the places we had just missed the food. I was pretty satisfied with the fact that we actually got in undetected though. It was such a rush! My plan on paying for everything ended when we broke down and bought some high quality BBQ. He took the reins on that one. I love it when that happens!

I had a lot of fun with Scott. My cheeks are even a little sore from smiling so much. This guy is a riot! I enjoyed hearing about his skydiving adventure and plans for future skiing trips. Scott's ambition and desire to try new things make him someone I'd like to be around.

My favorite part of our time together was the drive home. Scott's true colors showed as he took over the music. He took car dancing to a new level. It was contagious. We sang along to our favorite songs and he even introduced me to a few new artists. I was kinda happy to see that our exit had been closed for construction. Though inconvenient, it gave me 10 more minutes to spend with this awesome guy.

Scott walked me to my garage door, like a gentleman, where we hugged and said our goodbyes. I had such a great time with him.  (Even though I still have the lyrics of "Call me maybe" still stuck in my head.) I am feeling pretty lucky to have had two awesome dates in the last 2 weeks. Tune in Monday for another dating adventure from me.

Thanks for reading!
G'Night!!

Becca



2 comments:

Jessica said...

I don't know where the heck all the commenters are, but I'd just like to publicly say that this is HILARIOUS. Love your writing style, my dear. So glad you had such a fun time. He's a cutie pie!

Becca said...

Thanks Jessica! I love reading your stories too. This date was way fun. I'm happy you enjoyed reading about it.