Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 30 - Becca & Brad

What's up, Blog?!

I know you weren't planning on hearing from me today because I have a date tomorrow, but Mauren is still in Orlando and offered me Thursday's date night! YES! So you have the blessed opportunity to hear from me TWO nights in a row. Be excited! This is a first in Becca History. Not only do I have more than one date in a week, but they are in a row. Life is good!

Because this was a little unexpected I didn't have a date or a plan. I started thinking about men who would be up for a fun night on the town, and remembered that Brad had mentioned that he wanted to participate. Score! When I finally tracked him down he not only said yes, but he wanted to plan it. Yea!

Brad showed up with a dozen roses in hand. I finally had a reason to use my cute owl vase. I put the flowers in water and we headed off to my favorite mini golf course. Now this isn't just your typical hole in the wall golf course, no, it comes complete with go-carts, bumper boats, a sign that says "BAM! IT'S PARTY TIME!", and even batting cages for when you've just gotta hit something. This is a contender for my next birthday party location. . . I digress. . . back to the date.

The playing field was pretty level as Brad and I walked up to our first hole. Brad hadn't played in a while and my golfing abilities were based 50% on the weather and 50% on luck. This was gonna be good. The rules suggested that if you don't make it in 6 strokes, just write a "6" and move on to the next hole. That suggestion was heeded more than once. :) As we walked around the course we talked and got to know each other a little more. I have known Brad form church and he's always been a soft spoken, good hearted guy. Little did I know that he was also a fan of 90's music. Me too! But who DOESN'T like *NSYNC? Come on?! My personal highlight from the game was hole #13 where I putted a hole in one! (I told you it was all about luck.) We ended the game with very similar scores. On paper I beat him by a few points, but I didn't count the re-dos. . .we'll call it a tie.


We turned in our clubs and headed to a little mom and pop's Italian restaurant by the course. The bread sticks were amazing! I learned a lot about Brad in our few hours together. There is a lot to this guy. He is the baby of the family, likes rocks, and paints. All cool things. After dinner he took me to Barnes and Noble where we showed each other our favorite books. Of course I headed over to the children's section and read him one of my favorite children's books. Afterwards he took me to the   sci-fi section to introduce me to some new authors. It was fun learning what he was interested in and add some "must reads" to my endless list of books to read.

At 10:00 the books store closed and we headed home. Brad was a real gentleman. I didn't have to open one door the entire night. His mother should be proud. I had a great time.

Well Blog. . .I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow!:)

Becca

No comments: