Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 28 - Kim & Scott S.

Date 8...check!
Last minute save...check!
Super fun...check and check!


Much like Jessica, I was a little behind in finding a date for Tuesday night. In fact, I was on the verge of using a little photoshop action and fabricating an amazing date with, I don't know, Jude Law. I had sent out Facebook messages and texts to several guys that I had never even met with no luck. (Side note- I sent Facebook messages and texts to random guys...the Kim from 27 days ago wouldn't be caught dead doing that! This project may have created a monster!) 


Back to the story...
Luckily, Gavin (Date #1 of this project) saved the day! I sent him a Facebook message early in the morning pleading for a little help in finding someone and  around 5 p.m., when all hope seemed lost, I got a call. "I have good news! A buddy of mine, who is a med student, is ready and willing to go!" "Yes!" So I got Scott's info and gave him a call. After talking to Scott, the stress of trying to find someone and figure out last minute where to go, disappeared. He was so nice and laid back. I knew we'd have a good time doing whatever. He lives downtown near the medical center, so we decided to meet in the middle at Dave and Buster's...where an adult can be a kid! This is like the grown up version of Chuck E Cheese! Neither of us had been and I've been dying to play a little ski ball, so it seemed the perfect option. 


A little rodeo traffic and an accident delayed us a bit, but we finally met up and went in to have dinner before we played. Unlike Chuck E Cheese, Dave and Buster's has real food. There was a 20 minute wait, so we decided to sit and get to know each other. Our conversation flowed easily as we talked about our families, medical school, interests, etc. Scott is the baby of 5 kids, all of which are married with at least two kids. So he has a plentiful amount of nieces and nephews. He is in his first year of med school and from what I can tell (not that he said so), he's an extremely smart guy without the least bit of cockiness. He is dedicated to his studies and I admire him a lot for that! My mother always wanted me to be a doctor...I always laughed. :)


We finally got seated and ordered our food, which was really good by the way. Sorry, no pictures, but I was super impressed with my chicken sandwich! Our conversation continued naturally throughout dinner and I felt like Scott and I were instant friends. I learned that he's done theater and musicals and that he loves Wicked. Bonus! He even did a local commercial in Utah when he was little! He's also run a marathon...sick (and I mean that in the best way)! We continued talking for awhile after we finished eating and then decided we better go play some games before it got too late. He paid for dinner (thanks again, Scott!) and then we set off to explore. 


We got our power card and set off to find ski ball. If I ever have an excessive amount of money that I have to spend on making my home awesome, I'd get a ski ball machine. Just saying. We played a couple of rounds, both winning one and amassing our first batch of tickets. Then, we tried out a virtual roller coaster machine. It was ridiculous! I wish I had a video of us because I'm sure we sounded like little kids. You sit in the special seats, there are fans blowing on you, and the chairs are shaking and moving all over the place. We were giggling like 5 year olds! This machine might need to be next to my ski ball machine. :)


We wandered and played random games for a bit longer until our card finally ran out. It was late and I'm sure already past Scott's dedicated med student bedtime, so we went to cash in our tickets and go. Unfortunately, we stood in the wrong line and had no desire to stand in another, so we gave up on the piece of candy we might have gotten with our piddly amount of tickets. (All of the people around us had hundreds of tickets...it was insane!) We decided to give our tickets to the first ticketless kid we found. He didn't want to take them at first (obviously he'd been taught not to take things from strangers...good job mom and dad!), but his older teenagers brothers convinced him otherwise. :) After our ticket contribution, we parted ways with a hug and our new friendship! What fun! Thanks, Scott for saving the project!


Well folks, I only have two first dates left, which is thrilling! Not because I want to stop dating, but I will not be sad to kiss blogging goodbye for a good, long while! Until next time!
Kim 

No comments: