Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 6 - Kim & Andrew

(Picture disclaimer...someone might have forgot their camera...alright it was me...and we had to use phones, so picture quality on some may not be the best, but better than nothing!) 


Happy President's Day to all you blog readers out there! I would just like to start off by saying that I'm one lucky girl!  I have now had two amazing dates in a row...which is in fact a record for me!  I hope you enjoy my record breaking evening as much as I did. 

Tonight I got to go out with Andrew, who is one of Jessica's best friends.  I had met him a few times prior to this evening, but have never had the chance to have a conversation with him. These are two things I knew about Andrew before tonight...

1. He is a real handsome guy.
2. Jessica said he was awesome.

These are two things I know about Andrew now...

1. He is a really handsome guy.
2. Jessica was right.

Last Saturday morning, I finally gave Andrew a call to set things up for tonight. Little did I know, that Andrew was driving to my house to drop off a little surprise for me and so ignored my call. I got a text from him awhile later saying he apologized that the surprise on my doorstep hadn't gotten there before I called him. I was super confused..."Surprise??," I said to myself...then of course I ran downstairs. When I opened the door, there was a beautiful, red rose and a red balloon. There was a little card attached to the balloon that said, "Will you go out with me?"  How adorable is that?  Of course, I responded in the affirmative and when I offered to pick him up, I was denied, of course, and he came to get me around 6.

When he got to my door, he had a box of Girl Scout cookies in his hand and then pulled out a bouquet of brightly colored flowers. Man, a girl could really get used to this!  These are the most flowers I've ever received in my whole life from people that aren't my mom...or myself. :)  You better believe that he got a big hug for that! After I got the flowers situated, we headed to The Woodlands. 

Now my plan for our date was as follows...Eat at a little cafe that Mauren had told me about, Shankz, and Frozen Yogurt (which I heard was his favorite)...you'll see how well I did shortly. 

As we drove, our conversation was natural and easy.  Andrew is super easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable from the very beginning. When we got closer to The Woodlands, he asked if I was hungry and I said yes. Then he suggested Brio, which I've heard of, but had never been to. Knowing this was a better option for our dining pleasure, I agreed. I gladly let him takes the reins on dinner. 

The food was wonderful! We had amazing appetizers and our meals were fantastic as well. Our waiter even provided some entertainment. Every time he came by, he checked himself out in the mirror at the end of our table. I think he thought he was sly about it. It was comical. My favorite part of dinner was just getting to talk with Andrew more. I think I probably did more talking throughout the night than I have ever done on a date. These weren't superficial conversations either and it was really nice to feel that comfortable. He's a classy guy!   

Continuing our conversation we left the restaurant and drove to Shankz. Now I had this plan to be all cute and clever and say that we were going there to take a modern self-defense class, but when we got there...the black light miniature golf place was closed! Curse you Shankz!  They closed at 6...guess I should have checked that out prior! He took it in stride and plan B became, Main Event. Main Event is a huge facility with pool, shuffleboard, bowling, laser tag, and arcade type games. We decided to do a little bowling, which he also paid for...I tried to protest, but he reminded me that he really asked me first...he got me on a technicality. :) While we waited for our lane to open up, we played a little shuffleboard. I didn't mean to beat him...I promise! He is an extremely gracious opponent, though, and it was refreshing to see a guy that didn't care about winning. 

Our lane finally opened up and we played 3 games. Our first game was a real one and we both broke a hundred. He was consistently better than me the whole time, but I had some lucky strikes at the end and when the final score popped up...I might have beat him by 1 point. :) 120 to 121. Oops! Our 2nd game was dismal, however, and our scores will not be revealed at this time. They were better than the couple's next to us though and that made us feel a little better. Our 3rd game, we gave up and went a little crazy with our rolling styles. There was spinning, blind throwing, soccer style, left handed to name a few. My favorite was when, after spinning, I launched the ball into the air and it came down so hard I thought I cracked the boards. Then it rolled slowly down the middle and I got a strike. We laughed pretty hard...it was ridiculous! 

After our last game, he asked if I wanted to get dessert...he beat me to it! I thought we'd end up going to a frozen yogurt place because that was his favorite, instead he took me to get key lime pie from Tommy Bahamas, which we had talked about earlier in the night. We talked about how good the food was there and I had asked him if he'd had the pie (which is not really a pie, but more like a cheesecake.) He said no and I told him how amazing it was. I didn't think that he'd take me there! We ate our yummy desserts and talked some more. 

Even though I really just met Andrew, I feel like we've been friends for awhile. We share most of the same opinions...except on pie. Maybe I'd be converted to his grandma's though. :) As we talked throughout the night, I realized how rare it is to find guys like him nowadays...handsome and classy just doesn't happen too often anymore. Whoever the girl is that snags him in the end is going to be really lucky! I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Andrew better and am happy to say that the night was a success thanks to him! He's awesome! 

Tune in on Thursday for another dating tale. Who it will be is a secret...even to me. I still have to find someone. :)          

Thanks for reading!
Kim


4 comments:

Mauren said...

What a fun and fantastic date! Andrew definitely sounds like quite the catch!!

Alona said...

Fun! I can't wait for the pictures!

Susannah said...

You lucky girl!

Melissa Eagleston said...

These guys are such gentlemen!! I'm so happy that you are getting treated extra special cause you are so wonderful! That goes for all of you girls!