Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 39 - Becca & Britt

Hey there, Blog!

So just as I start to get used to giving you all my after-date thoughts  the project comes to an end. Oh well. You'll be happy to hear that the ten dates ended strong with the first annual HonkyTonk Music Festival in Tomball, TX. . . Can I just say that after reviewing the other 38 dates I have realized that I am the biggest hick out of the 4 girls. Who knew?!. . . Ok. . . I could have guessed, but with all the Bull Riding and Honky Tonk my boots have gotten some good use in the last 40 days. Yee Haw!

Before I go into the date details I have to give a quick shout out to Cristi. Thanks Yenta! :) Moving on. . .

Britt and I were introduced at a St. Patrick's day party. (Pretty lucky, right?!) We exchanged information and I started to plan our date for the next week. ( I love to plan!) With the date being on Saturday I was thinking we could hit up some car shows (who doesn't like cars?) ,but those plans changed as soon as I heard about the HonkyTonk Music Festival. I let Britt decide between the two ideas and he picked HonkyTonk. Not at all what I expected, but exactly what I was hoping for. Yea!

The date started bright and early at 10:30am when Britt came to pick me up. The festival started at 11 and we didn't want to be late. :) Here are the first things I noticed about him: 1. Very handsome guy with strikingly blue eyes. 2. Total gentleman. (Honestly, I have opened so few car doors in the last 40 days I think my right arm muscles are starting to atrophy.) I was a little nervous that Britt was going to be super shy and I was going to have to carry the whole conversation, but that was not the case. He was totally engaging and easy to talk to.


As we made our way north to Tomball we talked about life (he's
from SoCal), work (HP), and travel. He served his mission in Japan and goes to that side of the world often for work. He's even been to my second home in Moscow, Russia. . . well the airport anyway. . . but that's close enough. It was super easy to be myself with Britt and have a good time. By 10:53 we had found the park where they were having the festival and weren't too surprised that we were showing up at the same time as some of the vendors and the band. I think you should expect a slow start with the words "first annual" preceding the event. We got back in the car and drove around Tomball a little bit to give them some more time to get ready. When we returned the band was playing and there pony rides were in full swing.


The park was small but very inviting. It was surrounded by antique shops, an old train station, and a whole group of cute little old ladies in red hats and purple shirts. We followed the red hats into an old barn that has been converted into a soda shop. This 50's inspired diner had only been open for two weeks and was adorable. The owner, Nonnie, made sure all the details were covered with menus that came on records, waitresses in vintage frilly pink and blue aprons, and hand made soda and ice cream. The staff was super bubbly and helpful. If you are up in Tomball stop by for sure.  Britt was a regular Don Juan with the staff, it was fun to see that side of him. He was completely personable and laid back. We both tried the root beer (way good!) and ordered a small lunch. As we ate, a small herd of women in red and purple filed into the back room. Curiosity got the better of Britt and after we had finished eating we headed to the back room to meet these ladies in red hats. We were enthusiastically met by Sondi. She was the ring leader of Tomball's chapter of the Red Hat Society, and a total spit-fire. She put Britt in his place with a few choice words and then told us all about the fun they have dressing up and meeting monthly. Sondi even offered to let me join, but I would have to wear a pink hat till I reached full maturity. I just might take her up on that. :)



After lunch we watched the band for a few minutes and then had to cut the date short because I had to work. (Lame!) Once home, Britt asked if he could walk me to the door. I'd never been asked that before, but it was totally cute. We hugged goodbye and I went inside. As I shut the door behind me I stepped to the side, leaned against the wall, and sighed. I did it! I went on 10 dates in 40 days with 10 awesome guys. I thought about how many firsts I've encountered in the last 40 days and how much I've grown and gotten to know myself. It has been quite the adventure and I am a better person for having done it. I just want to say thank you to each gentleman who participated. I honestly had a ball with each of them, and took something away from each date. . .wallets, credit cards, keys. . . .just kidding. :)) This has started a new chapter in my life. One where I hope to be a little more fearless and open for putting myself out there, allowing good things to happen, like good second dates. :)

Thanks for going on this journey with me Blog. I hope it was as fun for you as it was for me.

Love ya!

Becca








2 comments:

Trixabelle said...

This Christi person is SERIOUSLY awesome! :)

and Britt is pretty handsome!

Christi

Rebecca and Cody said...

Becca, you are a лиса! (had to look in my dictionary for that one ;) )